Friday, October 31, 2008

Beginner tips for Motocross Track riding.


This picture is of me doing a bit of warm up on the medium level track. I am trying to put the bike into a corner and make it stick. In the back ground you can see the pay station and class room at the Jordan River Motocross Track.

So now for a few beginner tips for Motocross Track riding. I was riding with some track pros yesterday. I learned a few things about the track I did not know, the first time I went out I was clueless but careful, now I know how to be careful and not so clueless.

Riding in Track Traffic. I am and was scared to death of the "Big Boys" on the track, I want to ride my own pace and let them go, I don't want to be in the way and I don't want anyone to get hurt. So how do you let someone pass you so that it's safe and you "Get out of the Way" It's different than you would first think. The first reaction is slow down move over, get outta the way and let em go buy.

This is not correct, it is almost correct, but the true answer is. "Hold your position" you can slow a bit if you want, but stay in your line. If you are running right smack in the middle of the track at medium speed, and two racer come up on your. They have a plan, you don't. You are in the middle, they will pass you on each side, or both on the left, or right. They are making the pass and the play happen. They are skilled and going faster than you. so stay in the middle and ride in control, then hold on as they wiz by. It's that easy. If you get outta the way, by going right or left, they may smack into you and run you over, they have the plan and appreciate you being predictable.

No comments: