Thursday, October 23, 2008

Holy Expensive Oil Batman, and now it's all burned up.


Here is my best picture of a nice Sand Dune Jump, Here I get the WR in the air about 3 feet at the rear tire. I was jumping and traveling about 20 feet and hitting the jump at the top end of the speed revs in 3rd gear. The sand was soft and the landing was pretty good, a bit flat but it was also a small table top, build naturally by the sand and wind.

So my big fancy oil change I made in my WR450F last week, well I burned it all up at the Sand Dunes, I rode 180 kilometers, which turns into 120 American miles. This was equal to about 10 hours on my buddies hour meter on his YZ250F. We spent 4 days out at the Jericho Dunes and really burned it up. We rode and rode and rode and jumped and jumped and jumped. I started to really get a feel for the 450's power and weight. It definitely feels heaver than the YZ250F counterpart. I have not compared it to a YZ450F, but I am thinking the YZ450 must feel a lot lighter without the electric start, battery, and lights, and super hard seat. Oh ya did I mention the seat on the WR450 is way too hard for my soft and squishy bottom. I am still sore and it's been 4 days since I got off the bike and went back to captaining a office chair at work. AT least complaining about being sore and tired is better than complaining about not being able to go for a ride at all.

No comments: